Grab your recce vehicles and leave those heavy tanks at home! Bolt Action Combat Patrol is a three-game event focused on fast and brutal combat between scouting forces. This event will use a modified Reinforced Platoon Selector that reflects the ‘recon in force’ theme of the event.
- Date: Thursday, March 28
- Time: 5:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Location: Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
- Bolt Action Combat Patrol and Doubles Facebook group
5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Check-in and Operation Briefing
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Game One
7:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. – Break
7:45 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. – Game Two
9:15 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Break
9:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. – Game Three
11:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. – Scoring and Awards
Army lists must be formed using a single Combat Patrol Platoon of no more than 450 points
Your Combat Patrol Platoon my select units from a single nation from the “Armies of…” books or the Bolt Action Second Edition rulebook.
- Units from all second edition “Campaign” books are allowed
- Units in the Warlord Games Additional Units PDF are allowed
- A Combat Patrol Platoon is a standard Reinforced Platoon with the following modifications:
- Maximum of 8 Order Dice
- No free units of any kind (free British Artillery Observer, free Soviet Inexperienced squad, etc.)
- No weapons with HE 3” or HE 4”
- Maximum of 1 flamethrower
- No vehicle-mounted flamethrowers
- Maximum of 3 vehicles
- No vehicles with Armor 9 or higher
- No Air Force Forward Observer or Artillery Forward Observer (including the free British Artillery Forward Observer)
- No Captains or Majors
- The War Reporter or “Cameraman” rules are not allowed in this event
Event full at 36 players. Players and armies TBD.